Sunday, April 1, 2012

Awake till daybreak


A preview of what was to come !
You must be wondering why I started my post with a photograph. Well, I'll tell you, but be patient folks !

In an earlier post, I'd talked about my insomnia and my desire to have a blissful sleep. For a while things were great after college... You could say I slept like a baby... ( I think this phrase isn't really apt for we all know how they just love to wake up and cry at just about the time we enter dreamland; but lets leave this for another storyline ,alright?) And then , it started to happen... It started innocuously with me watching those late night tv shows ;all the amazing stuff comes on tv after 11pm! (and no, not THOSE shows). It got so bad that I would actually be awake till 5am ...and then I realized I had to do something about it.

 I tried quite a few methods infact, home remedies like drinking warm milk, warm water etc before bed, listening to soothing instrumental music, reading . and none of them were really too effective; which was when I came across an article which said that the best way to normalize sleep would be to stay awake a whole 24 hours! Apparently, by doing this I'd reset my body clock so that I'd sleep right again. Well, what did I have to lose? 

The grand finale!
Since I'd been awake all night I decided to watch the sunrise...(It'd been ages since I'd seen one... there were times I'd wake up and the sun would be overhead!)
I fixed myself a nice hot cuppa and took my position in the balcony. 

The feeling was quite refreshing, I must say ; I watched as an eagle awoke and took flight, spreading its wings, and soaring into the distance. A group of mynahs chirping and a pair of hummingbirds completed the scene...The scent of freshly baked bread from the bakery below filled the air...and a cool, pleasant breeze blew across the area...
And then, the moment; that big bright golden orb appeared over the horizon,in all its glory, scattering its rays ; the sky was painted in a myriad of colors, an absolutely divine sight , the clouds added to the beauty of the scene. 
Well, that was it really... a sunrise worth waiting for. And I'm happy to say that my insomnia vanished that very day and I've been sleeping like a log ever since.


2 comments: