Thursday, September 23, 2010

Je veux dormir!!!!



If any of you have lived in a college hostel, you would very well understand my predicament. Prior to my college days, I used to abide by the policy , early to bed, early to rise... But all that changed once I joined my college... At first, it was easy to continue my earlier routine... But as friendships and acquaintances were made, it was an increasingly daunting task...

Conversations used to last till 1 am in the morning..resulting in me sleeping in lectures, in my favourite first bench....( Tis a well known fact that no one concentrates on front bench student )

Let me describe in brief : Nightlife in a hostel and the various nocturnal species that make their rounds.
With timeframe for ease of reading.
10 PM : Closure of HES (Hostel entertainment system - TV)
11 PM : The rounds by the master predator (the warden) start...he wanders through his territory of 3 floors, looking for unsuspecting prey, his favourite prey being the young and defenseless ones( 1st yrs).
12 AM : The prey sense that danger has passed, and emerge from their burrows (rooms) to forage for food , drink and smaller prey... Some of the pack hunters assemble in the corridor, planning their attack
1 AM : Some solitary predators hunting alone prefer to take their prey by the element of surprise, attacking in their most vulnerable state : the state of sleep
2 AM : Some nocturnal males , start calling their mates, this process may last till sunrise...

Internship brought temporary relief; but even this was peppered with unwanted phone calls in the middle of the night...I contemplated getting myself one of those sleep pods in those sci-fi movies....And that bottle of pills looked very tempting...!

Now having completed my internship and this blog entry, permit me to attain the state that I have been searching for - a state of perfect blissful sleep!!!!! :D

2 comments:

  1. So true!!! well written!!
    Now that u r more free expecting frequent posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rohan,hope so...lots of stuff in the pipeline...gonna publish em soon....!!

    ReplyDelete