Friday, July 2, 2010

Life as a Med Intern : Dealing with Writers Block



I really dont know what to write... seriously!!
Lots of ideas buzz into my head,mostly while I'm on the way to clinics, sometimes when I'm waiting for the ever-so-busy-doing-nothing waiter to take my order in the canteen...
Once they popped up when I was in the Operating Room , organ retractor in one hand, liver in other ...(I suddenly realised that the screams were not from my crazy fans but from the head surgeon)...
Its really amazing, this 1400 gm thing sitting within the bony confines of my skull...shows streaks of genius when pen and paper are miles away...

Postings too took a toll on my creative side, I usually ended up too tired at the end of the day; usually trying to put sutures on some poor drunk who has no idea that he has a cut the size of New Zealand on the back of his head...reassuring me and the rest around that he can walk home, bloody towel in hand...or searching frantically for my seniors' phone numbers as the hospital phone interface was affected by lightning...lastly, reaching home late at night after a tiring day's work; the thought "sleeeeeep!!!sleeeeep!!!" hissing in my head like Kaa , the cunning python from The Jungle Book..

And now here I am sitting freely,wondering, waiting...waiting for that spark, for those ideas to flow, from brain to hand....

2 comments:

  1. i truly can understand!! Was suffering from the same during exam times and after that!
    Hav d habit of jotting down things in mob.. That can help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rohan : I actually do that once in a while...which s quite helpful,..but then, as i said, its where i gt t ideas...(places /situations whr im too busy to note thngs down / i dont hav my cell fone nearby)

    ReplyDelete