Monday, January 4, 2010

The Yearly Diary vs. The Blog


A diary is a pretty useful tool, if we know how to use it in the right way; as an outlet to one's feelings, to note down events and anniversaries so as not to forget them...and some people use it to note down their expenses as well... Many a time I had purchased a diary, thinking that I would jot down my memoirs at the end of each day without fail...which I would do initially but became less frequent as the year passed until, I'd finally jot down this :
Dear diary,
Have been so busy that I had no time to write. Sorry!

2009 was in no way different... actually it was the most hopeless attempt made on my part; the only entry made being the information page.

In an attempt to show my eco-friendly side, I decided to avoid buying a dairy and turn to blogging...

My first blog as you all can see was me ushering 2009 with a nice image of fireworks.

I then followed that up with two quick posts...but laziness combined with the stresses of college life and the monotonous hostel surroundings got the better of me...No posts for quite some time after that...

Mobile internet was as useless too...cuz I'd be turning in or would be downloading some softwares and stuff like that...

It was finally decided...Stalemate.
Maintaining a steady stream of happening and interesting articles is just not my forte i guess...

A short stat message on facebook is now a way I voice my thoughts....with the occassional breakthrough being ceremoniously blogged and published; my stat message desperately advertising it for some jobless soul to view and give their feedback...

Until next time folks...Going out to purchase my diary :)

2 comments:

  1. i always save the environment!! :D thou i cant say no when others give it to me... i still have some 2 or 3 dairys unused or barely used!..!
    btw i can really empathise with you in the last para!! am in more or less the same situation..!!
    Do keep writing! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe same here!probably the only diary i used was in 94', the rest i managed to use for a max of a week or max a month :) And i dont even have the heart to use them as notebooks :)

    ReplyDelete