Sunday, January 17, 2010

Life as a med intern and a bachelor - EP1 - The Chef

Life as an intern in med school can be quite hectic at times...With us writing case sheets, doing dressings and monitoring the daily progress of the patients.
And all this combined with irregular eating times...
All those students in med school, if you're reading this, you are definitely gonna miss the hostel food once u shift out...
Tired of constantly eating out and due to my constant shifts from diarrhoea to constipation, I decided to take this extreme step.....
I was gonna learn how to .....wait for it! .......COOK!!!
Yes my dear friends , i decided to satisfy my tastebuds' yearning for mom's homecooked food by learning to cook on my own!
Thanks to mom and google talk, was able to declare my independence from the hotels!!!

Culinary creation No.1 - The bulls' eye : It looked pretty easy to make, but this simple basic meal took me 5 broken eggs to perfect ! Now a regular feature for breakfast.

Culinary creation No.2 - Egg burji : Now this creation was a little more complex than the first one...for it required veggies!...The first time I prepared this I was in for a shock surprise...No salt! Bleeechh! My fav combo with this dish is chapati/bread with a hint of mayonnaise...

Culinary creation No.3 - The chapati :Now this basic component of the Indian cuisine need the perfect mix of water and atta...if not made right you may end up in a gooey mess ( seriously friends, it can be really messy )

Culinary creation No.4 - Shish Kebabs : Now this didn't take me too long to learn to prepare ... just needed a bit of onions...and a fryin pan and you're set !

Culinary creation No.5 - Vegetable stew :One of my favourite preparations! Absolutely yummy with bread ! Addition of a little more water than required will transform this delicacy into soup...Beware!

Culinary creation No.6 - Payasam : The most common sweet dish in South India!Short and easy to prepare and I dont think you can go wrong with this one !

Culinary creation No.7 - Fruit salad : Just saved myself 25 bucks!

Culinary creation No.8 - Pudding : OOO Yeah! My skills have been honed well enough to take on the intermediate preparations...Took me around an hour to make...and a week to finish ! Yummy!

Culinary creation No.9 - Chicken curry : Now I'm really enjoying this...Mom emails me telling me that she will not be cooking once she comes down home for her holidays...The first time I made this though I went into Hypernatremia (High Sodium - too much salt!!! )..Yikes! Gotta be more careful...

Culinary creation No.10 - Paneer Makhani : No screwups with this one!


Culinary creation No.11 - Egg Masala dry prep :The only prob with this one is whether the eggs have been well boiled....which, unfortunately was NOT the case ...

Man! all this typing is making me hungry ! Gotta go fix myself some snacks ! Banana podi!!! :) :) :)
Until next time ppl!

2 comments:

  1. awesome!!!!excellent photography skills!!!! bt sadly only 1 non veg item!! y s dat so?? dnt u hav the confidence of making them??? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe not really, in fact its easier to cook chicken,its just that I haven't got more recipes for preparin non-veg dishes...
    And regarding t photography skills, it was quite funny n confusing for ppl looking at photos of these amidst some post-op specimens photos i'd taken in the surgery O.T :P

    ReplyDelete