Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The mind - A personal insight (Mind vs.Body)


The human mind is a channel through which things-to-be are coming into the realm of things-that-are.

HENRY FORD, Theosophist Magazine, Feb. 1930

It is the mind that maketh good or ill,That maketh wretch or happy, rich or poor.

EDMUND SPENSER, The Faerie Queene

Just as dogs love to chew bones, the mind loves to get its teeth into problems. That's why it does crossword puzzles and builds atom bombs.

ECKHART TOLLE, The Power of Now

I am the human mind...the most sophisticated fraction in the human being;my permanent residence is within the millions of sulci and gyri of the grey matter (the brain)...Though my presence has been known of since time immemorial,little is known of me....I still lie enshrouded in a veil of mystery....Many have tried to decipher me but have failed....For i am as volatile as ether,mouldable like clay and as unstable as an atom...

The advancing years change the way I look,the way I think and the way I act...

The various instances in life are classified by me according to their importance...I am the seat of emotion and intelligence...It is I that controls my servant...you....the body.

I have an influence on the way you think,feel and act...I also play a role in the way you look at things....

From the bright colours that attracted you as a child to the curves and contour of a beautiful woman...It is I that makes ur heart miss a beat....

And were I to go away,I wud render you useless,lifeless and without purpose..a single grain of sand in the infinite expanse of the desert....

1 comment: